I have a wager for those whose passions lead them to believe that Marco Rubio is a substantively different candidate than Hillary Clinton.
Regardless of who wins, during either Marco or Hillary’s first term:
- The US National debt will hit $21 trillion.
- US military interventionism will not abate (compared to foreign nationals killed by drones or combat over the prior 4 years).
- Goldman Sachs “Funds from Operations” will average positive growth.
- The NSA surveillance state will not be meaningfully curtailed (measured by legislative repeal of the Patriot Act).
- Obamacare will not be substantially repealed (measured by continued use of the IRS 1095 tax form).
- Neither federal sugar nor ethanol subsidies will decrease.
I bet $100. Friends and close acquaintances will be an e-handshake deal. Strangers can PayPal the full amount at email@example.com which I will confirm publicly in the comments, and refund with 5% interest if I lose. December 31, 2021 will be the final measuring deadline for the above list.